The Building Operations role draws upon the specific knowledge of the various building systems and day-to-day operations of the property. This must include knowledge of standards, codes, practices, and procedures in the following: security, parking, janitorial services, grounds keeping, HVAC, building operating systems, fire and life safety, electrical, mechanical, property and tenant administration. Performance in this role requires knowledge of client service agreements, building operations and tenant requirements.
We are currently seeking a Building Operator for our operations in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia.
Pure Industrial is a Blackstone & Ivanhoe Cambridge portfolio company headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Pure Industrial is focused on acquiring, leasing, operating and managing a portfolio of high-quality, well-located industrial assets with a portfolio of over 21 million square feet throughout Canada.
Positions within this role draw upon this knowledge in order to accomplish all, but not limited, of the following:
- Maintain and monitor grounds and clean facilities according to standards: electrical rooms, sprinkler rooms, etc.
- Receive deliveries and distribute material.
- Monitor parking facilities.
- Maintain, adjust and monitor mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems and contact specific contractors for large repairs.
- Maintain, test, adjust and monitor building operation systems including HVAC, Emergency Generators & Fire Pumps.
- Identify, respond to and investigate security breaches.
- Respond to building emergencies.
- Conduct investigations into building operations issues.
- Establish and manage contracts for building operations services.
- Prepare budget proposals for building operation services and manage assigned budgets.
- Supervise and assign work and priorities to outsourced contractors to meet the needs of tenants and clients.
- Prepare reports, statistics and maintain records of activities.
- Manage building operations staff, and others.
- Co-ordinate tenant requests for basic maintenance activities.
- Supervise contractors/vendors to ensure they are working within Building Rule and regulation and are following Health and Safety regulations
- On call 24/7 for emergencies and will be required to work overtime from time to time
- Maintain all electrical and mechanical building rooms in good order
- Assist with any leasehold improvements when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of tenant retention programs or other special events to facilitate harmonious tenant/owner relationships.
Education & Experiences:
- College Diploma or equivalency
- Building Environmental Systems Certificate (Class 1 and/or 2) or equivalent from an accredited college
- Minimum of 5 Years’ experience
- Hands on experience with building systems and preventative maintenance
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Fire and Building Codes
- Valid “G” Drivers Licence
- Basic computer skills in Outlook and Angus Anywhere